Since 2010 Community Partners has planned, organized and completed numerous community service projects and events that have improved and enhanced the livability and pride in our local communities. We’ve done that primarily through the generosity of local businesses and individuals and the help of numerous volunteers working to make this a better place for all of us to live.
Until now we’ve been a registered non-profit in Washington, but we haven’t had the federal tax-exempt non-profit status of a 501(c)(3) organization. Well, that just changed. We applied for a 501(c)(3) in December and just received official notice that our application is approved. This is great news for our contributors who can now choose to deduct their contributions on their income tax returns. And it’s great news for us as it increases our funding resources and frees us to apply more donated dollars directly to our projects and events.
In case you’re not aware of the scope of projects and events we’re responsible for you can find specific details here, or just take a look at this short list:
- Downtown planter beds clean-up and plantings 2-3 times/year since 2010
- Salmon murals on two slatted chain link fences blocking downtown vacant lots
- 7 years of Salmon Crosswalks in downtown White Salmon
- 17 free Summer Concerts in Bingen and White Salmon parks
- 5 July 4th Parades with Band Concerts in the Park
- 7 years Art & Wine Fusion
- 7 years Dreaming of a White Salmon – Community Xmas Tree Lighting
- 5 years Xmas ornaments on Dock Grade Road
- 5 years Community Halloween – 3 years Haunted House
- Windsurfing board signs directing traffic to White Salmon and Mt. Adams Chamber of Commerce Visitor Info
- Since 2013, bi-seasonal change-out of banners on downtown lamp posts
- 100’ x 4’ retaining wall and 25’ wide planter bed for White Salmon Masonic Hall parking lot
- Website, Gmail and Facebook to inform the larger Bingen-White Salmon community about local news and events of interest
- 2012 Pig Roast event – raised $25,000 for White Salmon Pool
- 2 Gorge Out events – raised funds for Bingen Skatepark
- 3 years SpringFest Fun Run/Walk events – raised funds for Safe Routes to Schools
- 2016 Columbia High School Graduation Party tents
- 2017 Pig Out event – raised funds for White Salmon Valley Education Foundation
With our new 501(c)(3) designation we’re now poised to take on even bigger and more impactful projects.
Donate now to help us continue making our larger community a better place to live and work. Make your tax-deductible donation to the Community Partners Bingen-White Salmon account at Riverside Community Bank in White Salmon or Stevenson or use the “Donate Now” button above.