Frisbee (Disc) Golf is an enjoyable and challenging outdoor sport that is low impact on the body, the environment, and the pocketbook. The use by enthusiasts and novices, individuals and families at local disc golf courses in Glenwood, Hood River, The Dalles and North Bonneville is growing rapidly and providing a high impact boost to the local economy.Northwood Disc Golf
Bingen-White Salmon Business Partners, the City of White Salmon, and Mt. Adams Parks & Rec. District are working together to find a suitable site for a Disc Golf Park in the White Salmon area. Local disc golf pros and outside course designers feel our unique combination of terrain, open woodlands, weather and vistas will contribute to developing a world-class disc golf course.
We’re looking at various locations where the spectacular views, existing mature woodlands, and rolling terrain will combine with a challenging 18-hole disc golf course to attract disc golfers for general and tournament play from far and wide. This course would be a significant addition to the existing local network of disc golf parks and would increase the attractiveness of local multi-course tournaments.
Some attractive aspects of a disc golf park include:
- .Increases recreational opportunities for families and residents of all ages, especially as Disc Golf visibility and popularity increases,
- Popular and easy for anyone to play
- Spurs new economic activity for local businesses from visitors and users of the park,
- Our area offers unique disc golf advantages, including low winds, cool summer shade, great topographic challenges, that are not available in other local disc golf courses,
- Ready access for local White Salmon, Bingen, and Hood River residents,
- Disc golf courses have minimal environmental impact and protect mature vegetation as desirable challenging features (e.g., Idlewild Disc Golf Course),
- Disc golfers are responsible and considerate of the course environment, and
- A disc golf park will be plain good fun and a good thing for the community.